Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

February 21, 2010

Mommy & Me

In addition to the mommy and me we are doing through our church, we also signed up through the city for their mommy and me program. This group meets every Thursday morning. It's a more formal gathering with an actual curriculum for the kids. We went for the first time on the 11th. The class includes about 20 mommies and their kids. For this gathering they had a gentleman come in and discuss baby proofing your home. He gave us all sorts of good ideas; things I never even thought about. Unfortunately the downfall about this class is most of the kids are younger than Landon. We may be switching to the next age group up. Landon was one of 3 kids that were crawling everywhere, using the walkers, and such. Some of the kids were significantly younger and that's because they had some young babies in there. The baby class was too full so they put the overflow of those babies in this mix of kids. I wasn't real happy about that as you have 2/3 month olds and then you have the 10 month olds- big difference. Next time we go we are going to pop into the next class and see if it'll be a better fit for Landon. I'd rather have him with the older kids as I think he'll learn more from them rather than being "stuck" with all the younger babies. I really like though how structured the class is. It'll be very informative and fun as we meet other kids and mommies. I'm excited for the next class.

No comments: