Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

May 7, 2009

Landon 4 weeks (May 6th)

That's right, its hard to believe it's already been 4 weeks and Landon is already a month-old. :(
People tried telling me that time flies even faster when you have children and I'm starting to understand what they mean.


Well, yesterday was a big day. Not only did Landon turn 4 weeks but it had been 4 weeks since my c-section which means I'm allowed to drive again. So.... let me just tell you about my first day behind the wheel and our big day out...


Per our health benefits we needed to submit Landon's birth information to LAUSD within 30 days to get Landon added to our health insurance. So, Landon and I headed up to downtown LA to go to the disctrict office. He naturally slept the whole way up in the car, slept as we parked, walked to the office building, went up to the 23rd floor and the minute we step into the quiet downtown office, he starts screaming as he decides he is now hungry. I ask the receptionist if they have a bathroom because I had no where else to nurse him. Down the hall with a screaming child I go, into the restroom and into the handicap stall since it has more room. I take about 10 seat covers, cover the toilet seat and sit down to nurse my poor baby boy..yes in the bathroom stall.

Oh it gets better...

As he's laying across my lap feeding, he decideds to blow out his diaper all over my pants (light in color on top of it all)!!! Now I have to watch my pants and of course, it looks like I've completely wet myself by the time I'm finished. I've forgotten to pack a backup outfit so we finally walk out of the office... Landon is down to a diaper and I look like I've pottied in my britches.

No wonder why its impossible to get out of the house. Thank goodness I couldn't drive for 4 weeks. The heck with this.....

3 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

lol EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!

karenewes said...

Welcome to motherhood! =)

The Inspector Guy said...

What did I tell you?! BLOW OUT TIME! I remember driving for the first time after the not driving for almost 2 months. It was so foreign, I felt like a I needed to take drivers training. :)