Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

October 8, 2009

6 Months Old- ALREADY

It's so hard to believe Landon is 6 months old already. Doesn't seem possible that it has been 6 months since our precious monkey came into this world. You know what they say, "time flies when you are having fun". We'll we are certainly having fun and time is definitely flying- tooooo fast in fact. I wish the clock would slow down, WAY DOWN. I'm enjoying this time with Landon so much and it's only for such a short period of both his life and mine; why does it have to go by so quickly? It's been an amazing ride so far...


- being pregnant one moment: heartburn, daily hiccups, watching my body change, feeling his movements, wondering if its a boy or girl, prenatal yoga, etc.
- the next moment..LABOR. Laboring at home for a few hours before getting to the hospital at 12:30am on April 8th. By 5:30pm I was still in labor so doctors/nurses said we need to prep for a c-section.
- Shy of one hour later I was in surgery and the cries of my baby were heard as Landon was pulled for my incision at 6:22pm.
-To be honest, holding Landon for the first time wasn't exactly as I had envisioned it... I was shaking violently from the anesthesia so I wasn't really able to hold him, I had a big blue "sheet" in front of me as I was still in surgery so Landon was placed more at my neckline and I was trying to look down at him, while I was feeling these uncomfortable pulls, tingles and yanks and I was being stitched up. Not exactly the storybook version to how you imagine having your baby in your arms for the first time.
- Landon whisked to NICU with daddy and myself to recovery- alone.
- Holding him in the NICU after recovery and watching Sonje fall in love with his little boy...amazing!
- Deciding on his name, attempted nursing visits every couple hours down to the NICU, being released on Easter Sunday and coming home to our beautifully decorated house.
- Nursing, pumping, nursing- ouch!
- Feeling "let down" for the first time- ouch again!
- Having Landon sleep on our chests
- REFLUX...and lots of it- along with lots of laundry
- Cooing, smiling, tummy time, vaccinations, name recognition, fake cries and fake coughs, finding his toes, rolling over, giggling, showing interest in toys, etc.

I'd be lying if I didn't say there are some tough times and it can be exhausting but it's also been so unbelievable. Even now.... sometimes I still have a hard time realizing that he's really my baby. It just seems so surreal. He's is so sweet. He has the sweetest personality- so happy, giggly, very social baby with people, loves to play, and even has a sense of humor, loves animals (so he is part me and not Sonje's mini-me), expresses himself, impatient, etc. There's nothing better than watching him sleep, having him smile when he sees me, him caressing my shoulders, arm, chest while he is nursing, his sloppy/slippery kisses, him crying every time I put him in clothes, watching him play with his tongue trying to figure out how to swallow rice cereal, the list goes on.

I feel so lucky to have Landon and to have been gifted with him. He's everything I could have wanted and more.

I love you Landon.

Now stop growing up so fast already........ mommy wants to enjoy all these amazing things for awhile longer. Any way we can make a day 36 hours, a week 11 days, a month 65 days and this stage of our life NOT fly by?

No comments: