Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

October 18, 2009

Awarded Most Adorable


Yesterday Landon went to his first Halloween party. The party was hosted by Torrance Memorial Hospitals NICU unit. They host a party every year as a reunion for all kids that have been through the NICU. Yesterday they celebrated 31 years of putting on this annual gathering. I was shocked at how many kids were there...easily over 100. Most kids were toddler age and under but they had a kid there as old as 12 years. He has been coming to the party every year for the last 12 years. It was a rather cute event. They gave out 4 costume awards- Most Adorable went to Landon..... OF COURSE! Yes, I'm biased.

Check out our '09 costumes. Again, its a theme thing. The only one missing from the picture is Bergie- she is the Cheshire Cat. I also have to say I'm rather proud of myself because I had never sewed before, in fact, I really didn't even know how to replace a button. But, I made my own patterns and made Landon's jacket, vest, bow tie, Sonje's bow tie, Bergie's costume, and Sonje's hat. Pretty good for a first-timer huh. Now in looking at this costumes up close you can see I'm a beginner but I didn't care, I was still proud of myself for giving it a try and doing a pretty good job.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

sooooo cute!

KID said...

wow!! Look at you crafty girl! Adorable :)

paul and tricia said...

shannon, your costumes are awesome! i think you did a great job on your first time!!!!