Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

July 25, 2009

Happy B-Day Date Night


For the first time since Landon was born, Sonje and I had an evening alone. Sure, I've left Landon with Sonje when I've worked weddings but Landon's never been alone without one of us being around. We had a special date night in honor of my birthday and went to the Pantages to see Topol's farewell performance in "Fiddler on the Roof". Sonje's sister, Kirsten and her hubby Greg, watched Landon for us. My parents, my aunt and her husband Matt, and my in-laws joined us. The production was AMAZING! So awesome that we got to see it with the original star. It was seriously such a great musical. We all had a fabulous time but I've course I called Kirsten a few times while I was at the theater just to make sure my baby was doing okay. Kirstie said he did really well and my little monkey was sound asleep when I went to pick him up. That night I put him next to me in my bed because I missed him and was worried he had felt abandoned (I know... silly me).

4 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Happy Birthday dear friend!

michelle taggart said...

thanks for inviting us!! j/k looks like you had a fun birthday:)

Aaron and Meredith said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

paul and tricia said...

happy belated (?) bday, shannon!! my first response when reading that you had Landon sleep next to you was, "awww...." i will make sure that landon knows you will NEVER abandon him!