Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

January 3, 2010

I want to do it

So Landon decided he wants to feed himself with the spoon. As wonderful as that may sound, it's not ideal just yet. If we try to feed him he throws an absolute fit because HE wants to do it. However, he makes an absolute mess everywhere (floor, clothes, etc) and he wastes a lot of food. I don't mind him helping but AFTER I know he's eaten enough from my spoonfuls. His way also takes soooo long. It's a weird balance because I don't want to discourage him from trying but I also don't think he's ready just yet. He can't even eat food using his own fingers. He's sort of skipped a step by wanting to go straight to the spoon. What should I do? I can't afford him wasting all the food. I already give him a toy to distract him so I can get as many spoonfuls as possible. I also don't want him to think he can throw a tantrum and get his way. What's a girl to do....

No comments: