Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

February 27, 2009

2nd Breastfeeding Class Completed!

Last night was our second breastfeeding class. Seriously, this class was so awesome. Sure, I bet everyone is wondering why do the dads needs to be at a breastfeeding class and what in the heck can you talk about for 6 hours (6:30-9:30pm each session). We'll, both nights we went beyond 9:30 and I think we could have even added a third class session. It was soooo informative. I loved the class, loved the teacher! Not that I expect myself of my baby to be a pro because its obviously a new skill for both mother and baby to learn together but I definitely feel more prepared for what is in store and I am convinced that no matter how tough, I will not give up. Sonje and I really learned so much. It really says something when my husband got a lot out of the class too.

On another little note, it was really special last night. Towards the middle of our class one of the dads was getting up from his chair. The teacher asked if he was leaving and he said, yes. At first I thought it was sort of rude from them to leave in the middle but just after I had that thought the teacher asked the man if she can tell the class why they were leaving. The dad said yes. The teacher told us that his wife's water just broke and that they would have their baby within the next 24 hours. It was soooo neat!!! Everyone starting cheering and clapping for this couple. The dad looked like he'd been hit by a truck. He couldn't gather up his things. He was such a mess scrambling to get all their papers, water bottles and such and he kept dropping things. It was so funny. He was totally beside himself. But, it was neat and very touching. Of course, I got teary-eyed. Hearing the teacher say that they would have their baby in 24 hours time or so painted such an amazing picture. Who knows, perhaps that couple has had their baby already.

No comments: