Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

February 27, 2009

Car Seat Safety

This morning I scheduled my appointment with the CHP officer to get my car seat checked. Last Saturday at my baby shower my mom gave us our car seat. In our childbirth classes, it was recommended that we install or car seat but have a local CHP officer check that the car seat was installed correctly. I tried our local Torrance office but their first availability wasn't until March 26th. That's cutting it pretty close. In fact, I sort of have a feeling this baby might come a tad bit early so I definitely didn't want to do that. I then called the Culver City office and their first availability was March 16th. Who knew you needed to get on the books so early. I guess I should have called a few weeks back. Luckily though, the Culver City office had a cancellation and so I am down for my appointment for Friday, March 6th at 1o:00am. That means, this Sunday Sonje and I will be installing our babies car seat. If that's not a sign that baby is on the way, I don't know what is....

Speaking of baby on the way, my doctor said that babies can come, on average, up to 2 weeks early. I don't think my baby will be that early but let's just say he or she DID make their grand appearance 2 weeks early, that means that I could realistically have a baby in just 21 days time. Isn't that a scary thought. I've got a lot to do around this house to get ready if that's the case. Sonje and I are no where near ready for that. So, this weekend we are packing our hospital bags too.

2 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Oooo! you are getting close! I can't wait until our baby's can meet each other when we go out in June. (We can't go now because of the baby having RSV and she will still be sick in a month...)

michelle taggart said...

ethan and madison are getting excited to meet their new cousin soon!!