Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

April 11, 2010

Mommy & Me - We love it!!

sample pictures of our mommy and me class taken on March 11th
playing with the kitchen set. Boy does he love to open and clothes all the cupboards on this thing. Maybe that's because we have saftey locks on all of ours at home and so he's not able to do it.
Landon's buddy, Luca

Every Thursday Landon and I enjoy mommy & me. At first we went Thursday mornings from 9:30 until 11:30 as that class was supposed to be 7-12 month olds. However, that class was a very young class. One of the baby classes had overfilled and so the overflow were placed in that morning class. Well... that didn't really work for Landon or I. He was so much older than most of the kids and he was way more active than the couple kids that were his age. He was the only one walking with the walkers. He would never stay in one spot. I talked with the teacher about moving him up into the next age group. That group is supposed to be for 12-18 month olds. But... I really felt strongly that he would do better with the group. Plus, I thought he would benefit more by being with the bigger kids. So, we transitioned into the 12-18 month old class. This class still meets on Thursdays but it goes from noon until 2:00pm. I'm sooooo glad I moved him into this class. He LOVES it!!! He has so much fun. Although all the kids basically independently play at this age, Landon loves his school mates. It's so cute watching him. He goest non-stop for the full 2 hours. The tail end of class we all gather around and sing songs. I've been so impressed by Teacher Turid. She is so wonderful with the kids. Turid brings in all sorts of great speakers for the mommies. Landon loves going to school. The only bummer thing about it all..... he seems to have a new cold now all the time.

2 comments:

Kayla and Austen said...

Thats so cool. I've never heard of anything like that. I bet thats good for him to get all his wiggles out during the day :). Is he walking???

Lisa said...

sooooooooo cute! He looks so big!