Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

April 9, 2010

Valentine's Day

Believe it or not, today was only the THIRD time Sonje and I have gone out by ourselves. Crazy, I know. My step dad is away for work so my mom came down to watch Landon so Sonje and I could go to brunch at El Torito and then to the movies to see Avatar. Sonje's been begging me about seeing Avatar. I wasn't into it at all but I have to say, the movie was actually pretty good. I shocked myself that I came away from the movie liking it. Anyways, that was a detour. So, here I am all the time saying how I need a break and we need to get away with Landon and now I have the chance and I couldn't handle it. Sure, Sonje and I had fun pigging out at brunch and the movie was good but the darn movie was just too long. About 1/3 of the way through I started to stress about getting home. The movie just kept going and going and I hated being away from him that long. By the time we got in the car and we're driving back, I was in tears. Lame I know. I was so happy to see my little boy when I got home. So much for wanting to get out and have a break. I was a total blubber face after 5 hours. Thank Grandma Haven for giving Sonje and I a chance to share a Valentine's date alone.
PS- Happy Anniversary Eric & Michelle

No comments: