Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

April 11, 2009

Deciding on a name

So... now we've got this amazing little boy. What about a name you ask? Good question. Our baby has been born now for more than 12 hours and as we sit in the NICU, we STILL didn't have a boys name. His little NICU sign just said Berg.

If the baby had been a girl our chosen name was Cambria, with the middle name being Florence (or Florencia) after my dear grandma who passed away in January. But for a little boy we had been at a complete loss. Well, that's not entirely true.....

I had several boy names I liked but Sonje didn't click with any of my names. For 9 months I kept an entire list of boy names but none of which Sonje fell in love with. I told him though that unless he came up with some names on his own, eventually we would be picking a boys name off my list. And, that's exactly what happened.

Its Thursday morning, April 9th, and as I said before, we are sitting in the NICU with no boy name. The hospital birth certificate coordinator gave us the paperwork and said when we figure it out, to return the paperwork to her office. I wonder just how many parents gave nameless kids in the hospital. But.... while sitting in the NICU, we had narrowed down the list of names to just a couple. And, from there, its almost like our baby gave us his hame. Whenever our little boy fussed or cried, Sonje and I both felt an inkling to comfort our little baby with the name Landon. It just naturally came to us as the name to soothe or poor baby.

So, LANDON SONJE BERG it is.

1 comment:

The Inspector Guy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Landon!!! Good choice!