Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

April 18, 2009

Landon's Hospital Days


While most moms that have just had a c-section have their babies board with them in their own rooms, we had to constantly go back-n-forth to be with our baby. It was so painful getting up and down from my bed to go see him. We were on a strict feeding schedule with the NICU- 12am, 3am, 6am, 9am, 12 noon, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm...every 3 hours. Just when we were finishing up with one feeding and going to our room, we were back in the NICU yet again. It was so exhausting!!!!

Over the next several days, our little guy was given a clear bill of health and slowly the IVs, hospital reads, etc. started to come off his little body. We kept hospital visitors to just immediate family and that was probably the best decision we made. Not that we didn't want other loved ones or friends around but with just how little time we had to spend with anyone, it would have made it nearly impossible to have visitors. Plus, since Landon was in the NICU, only one person was allowed in at a time, accompanied by either mom or dad. So, when my parents swung by, my mom would come in with me and Sonje would leave. When my dad wanted to visit, my mom would duck out so my dad could have a turn. It made it really hard to have visitors, especially since we were tied to our strict feeding schedule. I don't know how we would've handled additional visitors as we barely got by sharing our NICU time with just parents and siblings.

But, finally our discharge day came....

No comments: