Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

April 4, 2009

Zero Days to Go

Yeah...that's what the baby ticker says tonight on my blog. However, I could only be so lucky if this baby made his/her debut tonight but its not looking like that's going to happen- nor anytime soon. In fact, on March 25th, my doctor said nothing was happening. Then, she said (for the first time mind you) that she was going to be out of town the whole next week (which is the week I'm due) and that my next appointment with her is April 6th- yes, 2 days after my due date. One more reason to not like this lady. So I figured...

A)- I'd better get walking so Saturday morning, March 28th, I walked with my sister in law, Kirsten, for 6 miles. Obviously nothing happened.

B)- Since I was comfortable about not being seen at all this week being that this was my 39th week of pregnancy, I went in on Thursday, April 2nd (Sonje's birthday btw) to my hospital so they could look at me and they also did an NST. The baby passed the stress test but I'm STILL not dilated AT ALL! The nurse couldn't even squeeze the tip of her finger in my cervix (sorry for the detailed info if you have a weak stomach).

What am I to do? I'm trying all sorts of the natural inducers and nothing is working. This little baby must be so comfy (and stubborn).

Today is my due date but I'm seeing that go by rather quickly. My doctor won't let me go past a week overdue and she won't induce either unless I'm already 3cm dilated. I'm praying that my baby and body get working together here quickly. But to date, I'm completely closed. Ugh!!! Its pretty bad when you actually look forward to the contractions and hope they get stronger and stronger because then you can hope that "its time".

Please baby and come. I want to meet you. Daddy and I are dying here waiting for you. I want to see your cute little butt so bad and put your little naked body to my chest.

4 comments:

Kayla and Austen said...

I'm sorry Shannon. Thats got to be so annoying. He/She will be out pretty soon. Just be patient. though I'm sure its hard. Everything is gonna work out fine:). Love you!

Nikki Moshier said...

Oh you poor thing! Come on baby! Everyone is waiting for you!!!!!!!!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I hope no news is good news! :)

Nikki Moshier said...

Congratulations Shannon! I can't wait to see lots of Pictures!