Growing Up Too Fast Already

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

April 18, 2009

Our First Night

Ugh.... we are parents now for sure. Our first night was HORRIBLE. Landon cried, screamed, whaled, and the like, from 9pm until 4:15am. There was NOTHING we could do to soothe him. We feed him almost every hour thinking maybe he was hungry. We couldn't get him to stop crying for anything. It was the absolute worst. I was seriously wondering why in the heck I wanted to sign up for this. We were so beside ourselves. It was very discouraging and I honestly thought what in the world did we just do.

Landon finally went to sleep at 4:15 but arose at 5, just 45 minutes later. He went back down for about an hour giving us a total first nights sleep of under 2 hours. All I could think is, "please tell me its not going to be like this every night".

1 comment:

Nikki Moshier said...

Oh sweetie! :( I am so sorry you had such a horrible first night home. Whenever my babies did that, I would strip them down, take my shirt off and get skin to skin with them. Sometimes they miss being all cozy in your tummy and they just need a little soothing from mommy :) Things will get easier, but the first couple weeks are very draining on your body physically and emotionally. Keep us posted on how things are going. I want Pictures girl!!